Car wash attendant steals customer's SUV to punish his employer


A 23-year-old man identified as Afeez Ayo who worked as a car wash attendant in Abuja has been arrested after he stole a customer’s car.

News gathered that the car wash attendant stole a Toyota Highlander SUV.According to The Punch, the young man changed the plate number of the SUV and drove it to Ibadan where he picked up four passengers and drove them to Lagos.The young man who is an Ordinary National Diploma holder was picked up on by officers at the Agodi Junction in Ibadan on his way back from Lagos. 

According to the Abuja police, the owner of the vehicle Adenike Sani had left the car in the car wash with the attendant at the Apo Resettlement Centre. 

It was gathered that Ayo had taken the car with all the customer’s belongings inside the car, including a Techno phone.The 23-year-old confessed that he stole the car to get back at his employer and the management of the car wash because the management planned to let him go.

 He said: “I took the vehicle to get back at the owner of the car wash because he had asked another person to take over the facility’s management. I was afraid when I got to Lagos and I decided to bring back the vehicle, but I was stranded.”“Policemen stopped me about five times, but I refused to stop. Please forgive me, I will change. I will learn a skill and work,” he pleaded as policemen laughed at him.” 

Meanwhile, the police has urged motorist Nigerians to desist from leaving their car keys with car wash attendants. 

Car wash attendant steals customer's SUV
Car wash attendant steals customer's SUV to punish his employer

Comments